Lymphatic Massage Workshop - The updated approach leading to improved outcomes
LOCATION: Oedema Institute, Suite 4, M City Medical, 2107 Dandenong Road, Monash Victoria
DATE & TIME: Sunday March 26th, 2023, 9am to 3.30pm
RSVP: by March 20th 2023, unless sold out prior
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
- 03 9641 9988
Autoimmune dysfunctions, surgery, cancer diagnoses/treatment and more, can contribute to changes in the lymphatic system. New findings around Starlings Forces and imaging are changing the way we need to view the lymphatics and its role in the circulatory and immune system. This workshop will enhance practitioners understanding of the changes and why it is important to view the lymphatic system differently to a toxic waste disposal. Other areas addressed in the workshop will be hand pressure, techniques and the directional lymphatic pathway that leads to better patient outcome.
Areas to be covered:
- Overview of anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Learn and demonstrate new findings around the lymphatic system and the latest technology and advancements in imagery
- Learn optimal pressure to use and when
- Learn the difference between oedema, Lymphoedema and Lipoedema
Time will be allocated to practice technique
This workshop is open to all healthcare professionals. Please check with relevant bodies for Professional Development Points.